Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spreading Awareness

April is National Child Abuse Awareness Month. In my own unique way of spreading awareness, I create some nail art. It was my "opening liner", people notice your nails, so I took advantage, anyone who wanted to know what the ribbon was for I could tell them it was in a effort to spread awareness. Child abuse/neglect is an ongoing problem, but it is not just one person's problem, it affects the whole community. When a child is injured or worst, killed as a result of abuse and/or neglect that is something that we all feel. Abuse/neglect does not just come from parents, it can come from a babysitter, a neighbor, other family members and even CPS. How many CPS stories are out there. We wont end child abuse unfortunately, but what we can do is take a stand against it, we can shatter the silence. If we know of abuse it is out job to report it. If you dont know who to call or what to say during that call, check out the websites & resource page of this blog. Even though the month of April has been designated National Child Abuse Awareness Month, we should be spreading awareness EVERYDAY!!!

Here are the photos are my nail art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I dont mind comments, please be respectful and keep any negative remakes off this blog. Thank you.