Monday, April 23, 2012

Kyle Holland: Unfair Justice System

When I last updated Kyle's story back in December, we were all relieved when we heard that Dwayne and Debralynn were going to be charged with his death. And if you read my post you saw were at the end I put finally some justice for Kyle. When that is NOT the case.

I guess it is really no surprise that a judge basically slapped them both on the wrist with such bs sentences. He got 24 months while Debra got 29 months. I say no surprise because this country has a thing for letting baby killers walk (hint: Casey Anthony).

The ones who suffer the most from injustices like these are the families of these little angels. The only closure one can have is knowing that the person(s) responsible for their hurt is getting the pushiment they deserve. But when the system fails to deliver said punishment, then its as though the crime is being committed over and over again. Just the thought of these two monsters being free to walk the streets, just knowing that she is about to give birth again eats me up inside. I cant imagine what the judge was thinking (smoking) when he handed down such weak sentences. I mean what message is this sending to child abusers?

You look at this photo, and into those beautiful big brown eyes and you can imagine the pain, the hurt and the fear he must have felt that day. Is this judge not human? Does he have a heart of stone?

I guess the only comfort is knowing that one punishment will be handed down upon these two non humans. And it will be a punishment unlike none other.  It is unfair what happened. Something needs to be done about this unfair justice system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

While I dont mind comments, please be respectful and keep any negative remakes off this blog. Thank you.